Business Operations Unit Manager - Project Spring
Department: Transaction Services (820)
30 Adelaide Str, East
Toronto, Ontario, M5C 3G9
Number of Positions: 1
The Unit Manager’s primary focus is to manage, develop and provide day- to-day AML support to their team. This includes acting as a Senior Technical Specialist to assist with oversight of documentation required to meet key registration activities / processing / call handling and authorizing transactions.
General Roles & Responsibilities:
- Member of the Business Operations International Specialized Processing team that will work closely with Management and Compliance to ensure Lux 12-02 AML requirements are effectively carried out during the administration of account/brokers set ups, account/broker maintenance.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the IFDS Lux Registration team and other departments (e.g. Customer Services, Dealing Teams) and Clients
- Overseeing the operations of the team to ensure that all financial and non-financial transactions are processed according to client SLA’s.
- Assistance with processing / calls and approvals on a daily basis.
- Oversight and governance of key registration related tasks and documentation ensuring that work is completed accurately and in accordance with all company policies; regulations; guidelines and client policies and procedures
- Acts as the point person to respond to sensitive and escalated inquiries from clients, shareholders, and broker/dealers as well as escalations or inquiries raised from other teams within IFDS.
- Maintains contact with other departments to answer questions, provide assistance, and research/resolve problems
- Ensure that teams are continuously seeking to improve processes both internally at IFDS and externally with our clients
- Implementing procedures to improve service levels, productivity and cost effectiveness of department operations
- Assist with the management of daily and monthly reporting as required
- Handles telephone and written inquiries from the fund company regarding operating policies and procedures, plus shareowner and dealer inquiries.
- Participate in conference calls and meetings with fund companies.
- Participate and /or coordinate special projects impacting the team. Ensure resolution of issues with potential / current impact to full service and/or remote clients by Engaging MCS, Business Operations and IT resources to resolve escalated issues
- Identifying resources, potential paths to resolution of issues
- Monitoring escalated issues and providing progress reports to clients and other stakeholders as appropriate People Management: Provide leadership to direct reports and their staff to build a team environment where excellence is the goal of everyone by:Modeling the values and the goals of the organization and the management team
- Providing ongoing feedback and formal reviews of performance for direct reports. Negotiating and supporting individual development plans. Providing day-to-day coaching relative to the development of both technical and behavioral competencies. Ensuring all associates receive coaching and developmental support.
Competencies: (Behavioral and Functional)
Critical Requirements:• Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead and work as part of a cohesive team
• Exemplary client focus in determining, managing and meeting client expectations
• Understands the business impact of escalated incidents/issues and service requests
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence others both in their team and outside area of immediate responsibility
• Ability to present/relate the problem and recommended solution(s) in such a way to influence the required action by others in other groups
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prioritization – ability to organize work in order to accomplish multiple and changing priorities within specified timeframes
• Able to coordinate and operate in stressful situations in resolving the client’s issues
• Solid research / information gathering / analytical and problem-solving skills - takes a logical approach to analyzing problems
• Conceptual – sees the bigger picture; how various processes, workflows, teams come together
• Excellent knowledge of International Financial Mutual Fund Record Keeping Systems and Transfer Agency operations business process as well as the rationale for same
• Demonstrated process improvement capability
• Results oriented – Strives to achieve high levels of individual and organizational performance
• Decision Maker – Acts quickly and decisively in situations that involve uncertainty and/or significant risk. Is motivated to accomplish tasks on time
• Positive Impact – Performs in a manner that makes a strong positive impression on others e.g. high energy level, a problem solving approach, and the ability to act with a sense of urgency when the situation demands it
• Perseverance – Overcomes obstacles that stand in the way of successful completion of difficult assignments
• Openly sharing information and experiences to aid in the success of others
• Proactive in acquiring information to develop new skills to improve job performance. Grasps new material quickly and easily, and applies new information, concepts and procedures in a constructive manner
• Knowledge of segregated and mutual funds from a product and administrative perspective
• In-depth knowledge of iFAST system
• Solid knowledge and skills re Microsoft applications.
• Processing and/or quality control experience on iFAST/AWD/TA2000
• Exposure to AML,FATCA and CRS
• Exposure to Luxembourg AML Laws and Regulations
• Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese
• IFIC Operations and Procedures course an asset.
• Prior International or Domestic Transfer Agency experience an asset