Department: International Operations (600)
30 Adelaide Str, East
Toronto, Ontario, M5C 3G9
Number of Positions: 1
Key Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Member of the Business Operations International Specialized Processing team that will work
- closely with Management and Compliance to ensure Lux 12-02 AML requirements are effectively carried out during the administration of account/brokers set ups, account/broker maintenances.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the IFDS Lux Registration team and other departments (e.g. Customer Services, Dealing Teams) and Clients
- Provide support and oversight on Registration outsourced services.
- Obtain requirements from clients to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures; liaison with clients for missing documentation
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues; ensure that checklist, job aids and system changes are updated and followed
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; take concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future
- Recognize the importance of accuracy and high standards of quality during monitoring and execution Registration tasks
- Analyze and evaluate complex problems / issues linked to controls or maintenance of registered shareholder and broker
- Responsible for the administration of KYC/AML legal requirements upon day to day transactions
AML Experience (1-2 years) – successful candidate should have working experience with AML functions
Communication Skills – successful candidates must demonstrate the following competencies:
- willingness to make and take phone calls within service standards,
- ability to probe and ask questions to clarify
- understanding, seeks clarity when necessary, listens well to instructions
- ability to communicate in both written and verbal form with internal and external clients, email and reporting experience.
Computer Skills –
- successful candidates must have proven skills in obtaining productivity and quality results within a given
time frame with MS Office, Multi applications, Windows, and Outlook.
Team Player –
- function at all times as a team player to build an atmosphere of co-operation within
the department and where all team members are engaged.
Knowledge, skills and experience required –
- increase knowledge by constantly learning new areas. Display good organizational
skills in order to meet deadlines and keeps well documented records
Flexible Schedule –
- candidate must be willing to work in an environment with flexible schedules that are driven by client commitments and seasonal
- beneficial if the candidate can work anytime between 7AM – 9PM.
However core business hour coverage is required between 7.30AM – 6PM
Deadline Focused –
- candidate must show proven skills in being
able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- candidate must show they are a motivated individual who does not require constant supervision to meet expectations.
- Bilingual in Spanish or both – It is an asset if candidate is able to write and speak English and Spanish or English and French or Luxembourgish
Technical competencies –
- demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyze and
evaluate complex problems / issues.
- maintains open communication channels
- keep up to date with industry, system and regulatory knowledge and applies to role.
- apply ongoing control functions keeping up compliance with regulatory aspects such as criminal names checking, anti-money laundering and OFAC / PEP regulations
- initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future.
- strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
Problem solving skills –
- ability to work in a volume driven environment maintaining high accuracy and quality standards, analytical and process thinking skills experience.
IFDS Canada encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.